The hospital, which grew from a simple day clinic, established in 1989, across the street from its present location, completed a growth phase in 2003 and in 2009, we completed our much larger expansion, taking the hospital up two stories and enlarging all the wards into the modern facility. Hibiscus Private Hospital however soon grew even bigger and in 2015 yet another expansion took place with a second story for our admin offices on our rooftop.
The modern theatres at Hibiscus Hospital are comprehensively equipped and most types of surgical procedures can be performed at our facility.
Providing an outstanding level of health services to the regions individuals, families, institutions and industry is our primary mission. In addition to the sunny Lower KwaZulu-Natal South Coast, one of Southern Africa’s top resort regions, with blue flag beaches, we also serve the inland regions of KZN and the Eastern Cape.
Our Vision Statement
To be the hospital of choice for everyone!
Our Mission Statement
To provide everyone with an efficient twenty four hour medical facility which embraces in every respect international best practice norms
· To be recognised as the best hospital on the Lower South Coast;
· To always employ well trained, dedicated professional staff, who are passionate about their work;
· To constantly invest in and upgrade staff and infrastructure, so ensuring our facility remains the hospital of first choice;
· To establish and maintain a brand associated with inclusive excellent patient care;
· To establish and maintain a professional beneficial relationship with all stakeholders;
· To recognise and develop direct and indirect healthcare opportunities that will benefit everyone associated with our hospital
Our core value is “quality care with pride” achieved through the core values of:
Our Core Value
· Respect and Empathy;
· Ethical, corporate and clinical governance;
Our Patient Charter and Rights
· To provide everyone with an accessible, healthy, clinically safe facility catering for everything from simple procedures to extreme emergencies;
· To provide a patient with accurate information about the patient’s condition and treatment, so that the patient is able to participate in and make an informed decision;
· To fiercely honour patient confidentiality and privacy;
· To treat patients and everyone else, with empathy, courtesy, respect and consideration